Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Blog 2

      This article is about how the number of monarch Butterflies in Mexico has increased this year after a 75 percent drop last year. Last year there were only 4.7 acres of colonies, the lowest since 1993. This year there were 9.9 acres of colonies, more than double the amount from last year. Despite the rebound experienced by this mysterious scientific phenomenon the latest numbers are well below the almost 20 acres covered in the 2008-09 winter season and the record high of 45 acres in 1996-97. Fluctuations in butterfly populations are normal and scientists say that the climate conditions are to blame for these recent fluctuations. I thought this article was very interesting because I've always been a butterfly lover and I had no idea that this was going on. I think this event could effect me because if butterflies go extinct then I don't know what I would do with myself. Also, I think if butterflies died out then it would suck a lot of happiness out of the world.


                

No comments:

Post a Comment